Monday, 9 November 2015

Bacon Fries - Pinterest Review



Bacon Fries


I just wanted to start by saying sorry I've not posted over the weekend. I work during the weekend and my parents, love them dearly, cook nearly all my meals bar breakfast so I have nothing to post! Unless I show you what my parents are cooking!

Today was what you expect if you describe the UK, cold and miserable. It was raining cats and dogs! Apart from been stuck in awful traffic, I had hair that was greasy but no time to wash it and it was a Monday! Did I need any more excuses to have this stodgy lunch, I think not?

A big helping of Bacon fries was almost certainly in order to cheer me up. Especially since I was eating whilst watching the second to last ever episode of Downton Abbey, woe is me. Carlton will live on in our hearts I'm sure.

These are syn free and pure heaven on a plate.
Again, as long as you are not veggie.

Also, some clever clogs of you may notice that these were quite popular on Pinterest. I wanted to try them out as they seemed easy to make and needed few ingredients.


Ingredients:

  • 1 potato (peeled and chopped into fries)
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 1 egg
  • 250ml skimmed milk

Method

1. Peel and chop your potato into the shape of fries. Place them in boiling water and boil for 5 minutes then drain.
My fries which look like pasta in the pan

2. Meanwhile, cook your bacon until crispy and add to blender if you have one if not don't worry!

If you want to be uber healthy, grill your bacon!!


3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees

4. Mix egg and milk and place potato fries in mixture. Make sure fries have been evenly coated in mixture. Next drain liquid away.

This does not look appetizing, but scroll down to see what it turns into before you get put off


5. Either coat fries in already crumbled bacon or crumble bacon onto fries using hands. 

I had a first world problem: my blender broke so my bacon was crumbled by hands


6. Spray baking tray using frylight or baking paper and add fries.


7. Cook for 30 minutes and serve!





Rating: I think this is a new good idea that is relatively quick to make and serve. However, I followed the instructions as shown on the Pinterest Bacon Fries but mine don't look as amazing as their picture. As slimming world meals go, I think we do struggle for lunch ideas so I think this is a good one and mine were so tasty! Will be making this again


Note: Remember to cut your fat off your bacon!


Enjoy

Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment